Welcome

Thank you for stopping by to perv on my blog, as I fight myself to change my old habits and make new ones to get fit. I don't get it right all the time, but I'm still here and I'm still working at it.

Tamzins Double Dog Dare You Ticker!

My homage to the 14lbs that I lost on Allan’s DDDY Challenges. A watering can for the vast oceans of water that I have learned to drink and love every day.





Friday, November 12, 2010

Community Service does a body good!

Wow... I'm exhausted, and delighted.

Today our company sent 35 people out to work on a house for Habitat for Humanity. It was amazing. I was up and at the office at 6.15am, we were at the job site at 7am. It was a really fulfilling feeling, to be out there working for the betterment of some very grateful and hardworking people.

And fun. I hammered nails, got to run a saw gun thingy (technical term!). Swept, picked up nails, ran water, got ice, hammered more nails....it was totally AWESOME.

We were allowed to BUY steel toe boots and charge it to the company. I was astounded that they are so supportive of the cause. Makes me smile. My arms, hands, back, legs and feet are tired and sore. But I feel amazing! What a fabulous day.

I drank about... 6L of water today at the site. Peed twice. We were working hard, and it was hot and humid today. I'm pounding it back right now.

Weighed in this morning at 287.4lbs. So, I'm happy to report that yesterday weight was either 1. the scale was in an uneven spot on the tile (does happen, the bathroom floor is roughish) or 2. I had a lot of water/poo retention... also very possible! ha!


We are off in a couple hours to another Highland games tomorrow. I'm going to struggle a little with soreness from working all day today, but it was so worth it. Home Sunday...for my official weigh in. I can't wait.

Its also going to be time for some new inches and maybe.... pictures!!!!!!! :)

I will post up the food from Friday/Sat and Sun later! Time to pack up my kilt, toss the hammer in the car and get dinner ready for the husband... he is driving tonight.

4 comments:

Shrink to Fit said...

You are awesome girl! What a thrill to have steel-toed shoes, too! ;)

Have a blast this weekend.

CJ said...

So great for doing all that social work! Awesome! And congrats on the loss! Keep going strong girl!

WWSuzi said...

What a great thing to do for a worthy cause!!
Congrats on the loss :)

Kimberly said...

Yay for the loss and the good work.