Welcome

Thank you for stopping by to perv on my blog, as I fight myself to change my old habits and make new ones to get fit. I don't get it right all the time, but I'm still here and I'm still working at it.

Tamzins Double Dog Dare You Ticker!

My homage to the 14lbs that I lost on Allan’s DDDY Challenges. A watering can for the vast oceans of water that I have learned to drink and love every day.





Sunday, January 4, 2009

I did IT!

Last night - I still went to bed too late (but earlier then my usual), BUT... I slept 8 hours and woke up rested... BEFORE my alarm. YAY!!

Bfast:
1 med banana, 1 Cherry/dark chocolate kashi bar & 8 Almonds
1 venti 1/2 sweet skim milk mocha latte (no whip)

Lunch:
1 egg, 1/2c egg whites, 1c spinach, 1/8 yellow onion, 1c mixed veg (red peppers, snow peas, baby corn, waterchestnuts & carrot, 2 oz low fat Swiss cheese, 1 slice deli ham
1 whole grain wrap toasted, 1/2c salsa

Snack 1:
3/4c mixed nuts & 20 small corn tortia chips (rest of bag was crushed to dust before I scarfed the whole lot of them)

Water:
1.2L ... not good enough... struggling to get it all in.


Dinner: 1 whole grain wrap, 1 can tuna in water, 1/8 red onion minced, 8 snap pes chopped, 1 tsp lite mayo, 1/2 large tomato, salt&peper to taste. I wasn't in the mood for hot food.


Exercise for today - edit:: Grocery store was 12min walk - there and back was 24min, spent about 20min wandering and picking my stuff. All in all, not heart pumping, but enjoyable and I got out and streached my legs. The back pack was pretty heavy on the way home! :)

I need to get my weekly fruits and veg. I'm not eating much fruit at the moment, but I'm not really craving fruits - not too sure if that is due to the weather and cold. I read (somewhere a while ago) that the body craves winter veg in the winter and summer fruits in the summer. This could be why I'm lusting after the butternut squash and spinach so much... I suppose that this makes sense... or I could just be a total weirdo?? (you are not obligated to confirm or deny that! haha).

Today I'm going to get some really savory things (that are likely more expensive then I would like), but I'm not going to get "healthy snacks" that I'll let rot on my counter top. I've been buying kiwis and letting them go to waste for the last month, fug...there is no need to let $10 of kiwis go bad while not getting something else that I would eat.

I've also run out of my oatmeal "packages" so time to make my own. I have a bag of oats, protein powder, ground flax seeds that I'm going to measure into my little baggies for homemade breakfast packs. Only think is that they need to stay in the fridge as the flax is cold pressed variety. But I should be able to find room for them in my fridge.... perhaps a fridge piccie is in order for this evening!

edit:: Miz! Here is what I did. 1/2c large flake oats, 1 heaping T vanilla protein powder (myoplex), and 1T ground flax. These are now living in the door of the fridge in handy grabing range for the mornings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the idea of your oatmeal packages!
I need to 'steal' that for my husband to bring to work as he needs the flax/omega 3s badly :)

Anonymous said...

Love the oatmeal pack idea. And congrats on getting 8 hrs of sleep. That is something we need to work on here.