Welcome

Thank you for stopping by to perv on my blog, as I fight myself to change my old habits and make new ones to get fit. I don't get it right all the time, but I'm still here and I'm still working at it.

Tamzins Double Dog Dare You Ticker!

My homage to the 14lbs that I lost on Allan’s DDDY Challenges. A watering can for the vast oceans of water that I have learned to drink and love every day.





Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Winning Wednesday

Well I managed to not have any treats today at the office! YAY! I also didn't want to go to the gym after work, but I talked myself into going by telling myself that I could do a half session if I felt too tired. Once I was there it turned out great and I really enjoyed it and even added a couple things to my circuit. Ah the power of the mind. Plus Husband is out at Quiz/Pub Night, so there was no need to be home early!

10 min warm up on elliptical machine.
Hamstring Curls - w/u 60lbs x10reps - 2sets 110lbs x 6reps, 2sets 115lbs x 6reps
Leg Press - w/u 215 x 10 - 4s 315 x 6 r
Calf raises- 315 - 4s x 10 r
Leg Extensions - w/u 60x10 - 4s 100 x 6r
Lat Pull downs - w/u 60x10- 2r 100x 6r, 2r 90x 6r
Bicep curls - 5s 20lbs x6r
Military Press (on the ball) - w/u 20 x10 - 4s 20 x 6r
Chest Press(on the ball) - w/u 20x10 - 4s 20 x 6r
Abs - 5 x 20r various crunches.
Walked home

I'm really pleased about this one - as I was wondering how being off sick yesterday was going to effect my new efforts...would I fall into the old trap of - "well I didn't do it yesterday, so today is going to be hard, maybe I should just go home and rest some more" (with pizza/ice cream to make myself feel better and then bargain with myself about how much I'm going to do re: the impossible, and then never be able to do it and wallow in self pity more etc). Instead, I just did it.

A small first victory. I'm sure that there will be plenty more battles to fight with as I try to change my lifetime of bad habits. For now, I'm going to toot the horn and wave the banner though.

Allison over at Doublechinned (I've been reading her blog for a while) posted an interesting question, which I felt has real relevance to my day so I posted a long winded answer. But I think that I'm going to try and take some of my observations and "eat the elephant one bite at a time".

Yum, wheres the mustard!

1 comment:

Brightcetera said...

Hi! Thanks for joining my followers list! I hope we'll be around for each other till we see the successwe're after!!!
I started at 286 lbs at 5'8" so we're very similar that way.
I love your profile avatar, btw.