Welcome

Thank you for stopping by to perv on my blog, as I fight myself to change my old habits and make new ones to get fit. I don't get it right all the time, but I'm still here and I'm still working at it.

Tamzins Double Dog Dare You Ticker!

My homage to the 14lbs that I lost on Allan’s DDDY Challenges. A watering can for the vast oceans of water that I have learned to drink and love every day.





Friday, December 12, 2008

Change of Mind

I caught myself red handed deep in food lust today. Naughty!

First off, I haven't not eaten enough today, nor did I start the day with a good breakfast. That always seems to catch up to me in the afternoon and then bad things happen... such as....

Sitting at my desk, thinking that I would skip the gym and go home and order pizza ... yummy greasy greasy pizza....and since I was good and didn't drink a coke with my lunch - even though I thought about it, then that means that I could have one tonight....or maybe even 2, and rent a movie and get some ice cream....

The crazy food p0rn swirling around in my brain was about to get hold when I realized what I was doing to myself. I changed my thoughts to the veggies that are in my fridge and all the delicious things I can make with what is in the house already.

Tonight its roasted brussle spouts, baked sweet potato, chicken breast and a spinach salad. Most likely a sweet salad with almonds and mandarin orange segments again. Yum!

Its so much easier to control those thoughts when I have something else to focus them on. YAY for a step in the right direction today.

2 comments:

Lyn said...

I do this same thing to myself! Especially for pizza. I'm glad you turned it around... I have a hard time putting on the brakes once it gets in my head!

And thank you for your comments on my blog. Your support means a lot :)

Brightcetera said...

Yeah for victories! Your supper actually sounds much more appealing to me...all the different tastes...very nice and good for you!