Welcome

Thank you for stopping by to perv on my blog, as I fight myself to change my old habits and make new ones to get fit. I don't get it right all the time, but I'm still here and I'm still working at it.

Tamzins Double Dog Dare You Ticker!

My homage to the 14lbs that I lost on Allan’s DDDY Challenges. A watering can for the vast oceans of water that I have learned to drink and love every day.





Monday, March 15, 2010

There is light on the other side!

Thank you to the many people who commented yesterday on my terrible day. This is hard work... I really have to keep reminding myself that it is not going to be easy to change a lifetime of terrible habits.

But also to remember that they are just HABITS... not a permanent character flaw that is unfixable. I have to change, and that can be very difficult.

So to remind myself ... Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out

I'm thinking about going to a daily weight in, I think that this whole excitement/fear/bartering that I do the last few days before "weigh in" are just as unhealthy as the weighing in every day will be... I mean... I'm already obsessed with this.

I was reading an interesting post by Diane that was talking about daily vs weekly (or longer) weigh ins. I'm going to give it a go ....there will be more fluctuations, but I think that I can get a grasp of that. All this food bartering trying to be "under last weeks weight" while torturing myself every weekend is just not good. Not good at all.

As for the rest of my March - I've decided that what I have here is solid in terms of exercise etc. I have started to get lazy and not count my calories on weekends and well...starting Thursdays... so I need to get back on that. I'm going to finish out this month with more care and attention to my goals, my food and my mood. And see where that leaves me.

The exercise is good - 5 times a week - walking / whatever... I'm going to change step class as I'm just not feeling it at the moment. While its nice out I think I would rather get outside and move.

Regardless, I'm through the black pit that I was in Sunday and Monday(day) and onto the next battle. Today's small successes were 1. Not buying a Diet Pepsi and M&M's at the office. I ate a Plum and it was DELICIOUS! :)


On a very positive note!!!! the best thing that happened this weekend was all the new commenter's that I now get to perv on!! Hurray for blogs to read.

Here is to a stellar week - complete with good food, lots of water, getting moving, and enjoying life!

What was your success today?!


3 comments:

WWSuzi said...

My success today was to stick to the plan i had made for eating. It was a little different today and for the next two days because i'm taking a first aid course from 4-8:30pm which is right over my dinner time!!

Lisa said...

Hi Tazmin...
I'm amazed at how quickly you managed to get back up on your feet after being so depressed........just one day huh?
and I'm amazed at how stupid I was to fall for your "must find more blog to read so I can get more followers" scheme.
I actually didn't realize it until this here post and as I was reading and scrolling down...well, I read that last statement...

"On a very positive note!!!! the best thing that happened this weekend was all the new commenter's that I now get to perv on!! Hurray for blogs to read"

Whooohooo!...way to go Tazmin! Ya got yourself some more readers...and wow even a few more comments on your page.
Gosh, don't worry yourself over those people that were actually concerned that you were "depressed" and came on here thinking that you were....that's my fault. I was just as duped as they were apparently.

No worries though...I'm sure with all these new blogs though you will have plenty to read...at least for a month or so...right?

Take care of yourself hun... :)

CJ said...

Yay! For getting back into the groove. One step, one day to go closer to the goal! We are all in this together :).