Welcome

Thank you for stopping by to perv on my blog, as I fight myself to change my old habits and make new ones to get fit. I don't get it right all the time, but I'm still here and I'm still working at it.

Tamzins Double Dog Dare You Ticker!

My homage to the 14lbs that I lost on Allan’s DDDY Challenges. A watering can for the vast oceans of water that I have learned to drink and love every day.





Thursday, March 11, 2010

Today...Success!

Up early and to work.. more more more work. I was at the office until 7pm. Ug. Must get to bed ASAP as I need to be there early tomorrow as well.

ANYWAY....

Today was a great day, I had the ever smallest whiff of a thought about M&M's and it was quickly smashed and dismissed (many thanks to all who joined in yesterdays rousing M&M's discussion! The blogerific Lisa, Ann H, CJ and Laryssa). I didn't think about them again until just now to blog about it. I worked late late late and hubby met up with me for dinner out... since neither wanted to cook so late.

I waaassssss thinking Mexican (read here queso & chips and SALTY SALTY food), but decided on a fabulous cafe (Barnaby's) that has the most amazing veggie (non-meat) salad ever! Its huge, greens, roasted corn, tomatoes, peppers, and all kinds of things in there. Pretty low fat and served with sour cream and guacamole as the dressing (I dont eat it all). Well, comes with dressing but I didn't touch it. Ate my way through, so much better on the body than cheese and greasy Mexican dinner.

Tomorrow is "food frenzy" day at the office. I'm taking oatmeal as well as the rest of my typical breakfast. I HAVE to eat all that BEFORE ANY nice treat. I can have one, but not 5 donuts.

I'm going to be pretty frantic all morning anyway - so I dont think I'm going to be sitting around thinking about sweets. I'm going to be all over the shop with my head in spreadsheets.

okay - that is all! Bed calls!!!

2 comments:

Shrink to Fit said...

Good for you for making better choices. And it's so easy to give in when you're tired and stressed. You are doin' it! Woo Hoo!

Mrs. O said...

Congrats on a successful day! You did great on dinner ... a stress-filled day at work would have had me think Mexican and EATING Mexican so you showed great restraint. The way you're going, you'll have many more successful days to follow! Keep it up!