Welcome

Thank you for stopping by to perv on my blog, as I fight myself to change my old habits and make new ones to get fit. I don't get it right all the time, but I'm still here and I'm still working at it.

Tamzins Double Dog Dare You Ticker!

My homage to the 14lbs that I lost on Allan’s DDDY Challenges. A watering can for the vast oceans of water that I have learned to drink and love every day.





Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Goal setting my goal setting

well... I just posted, but I think that while I'm on here I need to get myself moving in the right direction again.

I had to note that I missed my "goal weight" for end of march again. I had set a goal of 259lbs and I'm not even close, again.

But I look back at my blog for the last couple of months and its been lackadaisical and effortless pretty much. Whatever was the easy road, I was on it.. hitchhiking.

I need to get some goals set for April and REALLY do the things that I set out. Perhaps I've been over keen and made more plans then I could action, or perhaps unrealistically high activity and effort goals that leave me too tired to think about doing that much. I'm not too sure, whatever it is. I've not met any goals set out at all. That's pretty poor on my behalf.

So for April - I need to set out some goals. Real ones that are manageable and enjoyable, and *gasp* even a bit challenging. But for this month, I need to do them. Really really need to make myself them.

5 comments:

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

oohh...I love goal setting time! Can't wait to hear what you set for the month of April!

jo said...

I'll be here to support you! I set small goals for myself. I celebrate 5-pound losses. If I don't do it that way, it's too overwhelming.

Best wishes!

Lisa said...

One small goal at a time.... You can do It!!

Fat[free]Me said...

You mean I can't hitchhike on the easy road? Dayum!

Well done on the weight loss this week and I hope the mouth heals up quickly.

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't beat yourself up too bad. I mean look at how far you've come. Besides the best way to keep pounds off our body is to do it slowly. Our bodies has this inside adjuster. If we lose weight too quickly, our bodies will literally fight to go back to the old weight. It'll make us hungrier, more "tired." I think you're doing a great job. Try to look on the positive, and you'll do just fine.

I love this idea of goal setting. In fact, that gives me an idea for the month of April...