Welcome

Thank you for stopping by to perv on my blog, as I fight myself to change my old habits and make new ones to get fit. I don't get it right all the time, but I'm still here and I'm still working at it.

Tamzins Double Dog Dare You Ticker!

My homage to the 14lbs that I lost on Allan’s DDDY Challenges. A watering can for the vast oceans of water that I have learned to drink and love every day.





Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday Successes

Today was a pretty darn good day all tolled.

Slept in and since it was snowy and cold and ugly...I didn't go. Bad me, but I made up for it.
Yoga this morning was good. We did some really great hip flexor work that I need to work on for sure! I got to have a steam after and a long hot shower!!! My fav.

Then I went and got groceries, did a quick sweep through the store - no list - which is not typically a good plan for me since thats when I tend to pick up "naughty things". But today was excellent - no treats.

On the way home I went to Starbucks for a coffee and then to subway for my lunch. I did 4 loads of laundry, cleaned up and then made dinner and lunch's for the next few days.

Eating was a solid 7/10 today, exercise was a 5/10 since I didn't do anything other then yoga. I'm going to pack my gym gear tonight to take to work (... no more excuses about lunchtime workouts). Water was excellent for a weekend day. I've had just over 3L now which is double my normal intake for a weekend.

Bfast:
2 oat pancakes
1T honey
1/2T becel
Lunch:
12" roasted chicken sub on whole wheat
lettuce, tomato, green pepper, olives, banana peppers, jalapenos
Ranch dressing (looked like about 3T even though I said "only a little)
****NOTE**** I decided that I would NOT get a pop and chips when I was in there, so I didn`t
Snack1:
2 clementines (yay I bought another box while shopping today
Snack2:
bag of microwave popcorn
Dinner:
1c quiona
2c chicken curry

I have these great bags of curry sauce that you just add to meat & veg and its awesome. I cooked the chicken in a little oil with some red onion, added 1 can chickpeas, 2c green beans, carrots, and yellow beans. It was total yum, and there is a couple days worth of leftovers.

Over and Out.

6 comments:

karen said...

That definitely sounds like a great successful day! I also have a hard time grocery shopping without making a list ... even if I forget to take it with me I at least need to be able to remember what it looked like and that it DIDN'T have chocolate cake and ice cream on it :)

Anonymous said...

GREAT DAY.
and I would say that I dont like curry but quite honestly I have never eaten it!!

Ive smelled and passed based on the fact it smells so spicy :)

Im an odd one...

Anonymous said...

I love the smell of curry, but don't like the taste.

Great job with the shopping. Even when I take a list I sometimes forget something. If I think "oh yeh I'll get that on my way back" and I forget. I have a shocking memory.

Dina said...

I love, love, love clementines :)

Mel said...

I went without a list yesterday, but had a pretty good mental list... still bought a bag of doritos because 'i want chips with the sub I just bought'.. hello.. could've bought a single serve.. but no.. i wanted the new pizza/ranch doritos (not worth it at all).. live and learn!

and I *heart* curry!

nic said...

Sounds like you're reinspired!!!