Welcome

Thank you for stopping by to perv on my blog, as I fight myself to change my old habits and make new ones to get fit. I don't get it right all the time, but I'm still here and I'm still working at it.

Tamzins Double Dog Dare You Ticker!

My homage to the 14lbs that I lost on Allan’s DDDY Challenges. A watering can for the vast oceans of water that I have learned to drink and love every day.





Friday, December 18, 2009

Oh Yeah!!!!


I did it!!!! I really didn't want to (okay - I do want to, but the body or mind in alternation tell me that I do not) - but also knew that if I was a jam-tart and didn't do this I would have to admit that I could not even do ONE of my goals.
Dec 18 - 30min Run - 1.52 miles - COMPLETED

I was up - it was a lot easier to keep going. I got my new kicking tunes all loaded into my ipod last night and the CD in the car to pump me up before. It totally worked. I was excited to get out there.... Yes... EXCITED!

I walked for 5min... and in that five minuted I cataloged about 40 excuses for why I should keep walking and NOT run. But it all boiled down to... I promised myself that I would.

I started...

1min 10 sec... well this isnt so bad!
3min 15sec.... OMG HOW LONG HAVE I BEEN RUNNING.. 3 EFFING MINUTES???...shit....
5min 5 sec...holy gawd, how an I going to manage to get through 30min of this...
7min 3 sec... I can't do this....
8min 54sec....maybe this is good enough, I can do one set of ten and then walk the rest...
10min... sweet jebuz a minutes rest!!!!
11min...I will run just as far as I can... if I can't I won't but I have to keep trying....
12min 50 sec... ohhh Shakira's ...She Wolf..... Ahhoooooo
15min..10sec...wait...how much longer... *math math math*.....
18min 4 sec... I will only do 2time 10 mins...that okay right.... I'm starting to hurt...
21min... THANK THE GAWDS FOR WALKING
22min... its only 10 more minutes... I can go as slow as I want, I just HAVE to do it. I WILL DO IT....
27min... only 5min left
28min... only 4min... FOOOUR MINUTES.......wait... no I still have 5min left.. arg
29min...okay 4min...I can do it
30min... 3.more.minutes.
31min... haha I'm on a boat...this song is soooo funny...
32min...my legs hurt
33min... I DID IT!!!!!! well that was a lot of mental torture for something that I can do. :)

Then I did some stretches, and grooved all the way home to more Shakira. Happily I'm only 5min away from the park so the trip is quick!

I got home and while I was changing Mr.Tamzin made me a heart shaped egg on toast with "Love" written in mustard. Awwwwwwwwww Damn I should have taken a picture. He is just the sweetest!

okay. Great start to the day. I can feel the heat creeping up in my quads as I type now. Time for my morning indulgence of Wendy Willams and coffee!!!

6 comments:

karen@fitnessjourney said...

I'd love to hear what songs you downloaded. Music is such a big part of my workouts, but I'm getting tired of the same old, same old.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Congrats! That is awesome that you ran that long. I wish I could do the same. :)

Heather said...

I can't imagine running for 30 minutes myself, wow awesome!! What music did you download?

Tamzin said...

Your wish is my command! Playlist coming soon :)

Unknown said...

GREAT JOB! That 30 minutes sounded HARD but well worth the effort! And what a cute hubby... sounds like a keeper! :-)

Shrink to Fit said...

Wow! Amazing! And I love the dialogue. Made me LOL!

Music makes it go so much better.