Welcome

Thank you for stopping by to perv on my blog, as I fight myself to change my old habits and make new ones to get fit. I don't get it right all the time, but I'm still here and I'm still working at it.

Tamzins Double Dog Dare You Ticker!

My homage to the 14lbs that I lost on Allan’s DDDY Challenges. A watering can for the vast oceans of water that I have learned to drink and love every day.





Friday, October 29, 2010

NVS and a Plan

This morning I put on the old clothes, slipped my shirt on and looked in the mirror... my once enormous muffin top has been reduced.

I had the husband confirm. :) YAY! Funny how that can just slip away unnoticed. Very pleased.

Today is the start of a 5 day visit from friends. This is typically what I would call a "Trap".

However, I am going to do a number of things differently from what I "would" have done in the past. Since... we all know how the past has turned out for me (see side pictures!). So here is the plan.
  1. Have a giant breakfast.
  2. Eat as much as possible of my normal good foods before having to go out.
  3. Carry my little note book and pen to write down all food consumed.
  4. Try to get as much planned out first as possible (if we are going for BBQ - jump on Calorieking and plan a meal that works).
  5. While eating out Eat HALF of what I would consider a 'normal for me' - portion.
  6. KEY. Do not eat food that I don't want, or don't want to "waste" for the sake of what it cost $.
  7. Log it, count it, manage it.

Tonight is a little get together at a pizza place for dinner. I already know that I am going to have 2 whole wheat thin crust margarita slices of pizza and a diet coke (no wine). This will keep me in my range.

Water Today: so far - 2L


Food today (plan tonight):
MFF Good Morning Sunshine - 330
coffee - 2
cream - 90
MFF Banana Nut patties - 350
MFF Lemon Turkey - 370
Blackberry Liberte - 250
Apple - 116
Pizza 2 slices - 580
Diet coke - 0


Total: 2088
Ideal: 2090
Difference: -2

BS: going to try and keep this to a minimum.


Today is going well - I am really quite pleased. I'm not feeling starved and deprived. I'm not eating like I used to, but that is really the point.

I'm looking forward to running around playing tour guide, and that will include a LOT of walking around. YAY! Posts will be late and short. I apologize in advance.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Great plan - especially the eat a big breakfast part. I turned my daily meal plan upside down and eat most of my food by lunchtime and it has really changed how satisfied/not hungry I am throughout the day.

WWSuzi said...

Sounds like a good plan!!

Shrink to Fit said...

"Log it, count it, manage it." A great plan! You can do this. Be Strong!