Welcome

Thank you for stopping by to perv on my blog, as I fight myself to change my old habits and make new ones to get fit. I don't get it right all the time, but I'm still here and I'm still working at it.

Tamzins Double Dog Dare You Ticker!

My homage to the 14lbs that I lost on Allan’s DDDY Challenges. A watering can for the vast oceans of water that I have learned to drink and love every day.





Sunday, June 20, 2010

um...note to self. Take own advice.

I just posted - and I gained this week - and I was feeling sh*t and thinking bad things about myself even though I had that great victory with the husband... and then I went to have a quick perv on some blogs before sleep... and I went to CJ's blog and she wrote:

"I feel I really need to sit down and rethink why I am sabotaging my own efforts. I feel all pepped up in the morning but as the day goes by I start slipping slowly and by the end of the day I will have binged and eaten really awfully. I dont know what to do!"

and I wrote this.....

I feel your pain. I have all the impetus for starting and none for following through. One of lifes little mysteries. I keep reminding myself what a very smart man told me one - "this isn't easy, if it was - everyone would be thin". We can do it - persistance, vigor, the drive to keep failing and starting over again, that is what will see us through to the end. No matter how long it takes.

I should listen to my own advice more! That is all.

3 comments:

CJ said...

Loved your advice :)

I was surprised to read my words in your post. When I read them here I felt they looked really self-pitying. But I am real at loss. I don't know how to get the kind of strong determination I see in most other bloggers. I feel like a failure sometimes :(

WWSuzi said...

That is an awesome NSV!!

Tamzin said...

No way CJ... if I had to link back all the times that I've said that in my blog I would have a page long list!

:)

sometimes saying something is th4e best way to defeat it!! Or at least aknowledge the feeling and move forward!

Thanks Suzi! It was a good'er! :)