Welcome

Thank you for stopping by to perv on my blog, as I fight myself to change my old habits and make new ones to get fit. I don't get it right all the time, but I'm still here and I'm still working at it.

Tamzins Double Dog Dare You Ticker!

My homage to the 14lbs that I lost on Allan’s DDDY Challenges. A watering can for the vast oceans of water that I have learned to drink and love every day.





Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Goals....

Mizfit ... you caught me and I thank you for it! I have yet to post up any goals. I KNOW that I need to set some and make a plan and start working towards it.

I get nervous since I have this horrible habit of not meeting goals. In fact I have often wonder how low I will have to set the bar before I can no longer fit underneath it and will be forced to meet a goal.

I have giving it some thought and here is what I have for the next 5 weeks (as my gym membership is done on December 31st and then I will have to find a new place to go).

Monday - walk home from the office (1.5-1.75km/1 mile**)/ pseudo rest day
Tuesday - weights/walk h.f.t.o.
Wednesday - long walk home + 1 hill (approx 5km)
Thursday - weights/walk h.f.t.o.
Fridays - long walk h.f.t.o + 1 hill (approx 5km)
Saturday - weights and walk (approx 3km)
Sunday - Run (3-5km) OR walk (7.5km)
**1km = .6 miles

My Xmas contingency plan is to break out the 30 day Shred DVD by Mistress of Pain errr Jillian Michael's if the gym is closed on a weights day (December 25th and January 1st). Its just 30min...even if its Christmas I should be able to do that!?

My basic plan was to make lump goals (i.e. lost 10lbs, lost 20 lbs etc) and then just post the date that I meet them on... I'm not sure that this is the right way to go, since then they is no time pressure to get me motivated? I've been toying with SMART goal setting...

S - Specific
M - Measurable
A - Achievable
R - Realistic
T - Time based

I guess my mental exercise today is to think on this. My struggle now is how to set a goals that I'm going to be able to meet? This I know is going to be a problem for me.... any links/ suggestions/ ideas....

No comments: