Up eary this morning and knocked out 50 kettlebell swings!! YES!!
Then had .5L of water and got in the shower. I waiting an extra 30min before heading to work because of the terrible storm this morning here. +50 mile an hour gusts and sheets of rain. I don't need to be out in my car in that.
I'm feeling better today about the world and my weight loss struggles. I lay in bed yesterday thinking, what... what am I going to do? Give up? No. I have to keep on pushing forwards.
I'm still reading The End of Overeating, and there is a large section right now about habits and how rewarding behaviors create deep hard habits to break. So, I'm fighting my brain right now for dominance and frankly, its occasionally winning. BUT, so are the new habits. They are creeping in, diluting slowly the old ones.
Tena, another very awesome Texas blogger gave me an award last night. Comment queen. Now, I'm not that much of a commenter, I'm more of a lurking queen, with phases of commenting. However, I thank you very much for thinking of me Tena, you have been an awesome blog buddy and your support has been invaluable!
Here's how to play:
List 5 goals that you have/had while on your lap band journey (I have not had lapband, but I will expound for my w/l). Comment on each blog you nominate and list your top 3 nominees for the award.
Ahh Goals... my frenemy. I have had so many goals that I have done over the ages. Just recently I listed a bunch of goals that I have not even completed. I have a very sick relationship with goals, that being that no matter how low I set the bar, I seem to be able to squeeze my fat ass under it.
However, in that light here are my current list of goals that I keep in my head.
1. More water. I want to get in at least 4L if not 5+ each day. I've stopped counting so now I have no idea if I am or not.
2. Count calories and stay under my goal weight caloric intake of 2090. I've stopped counting so now I have no idea if I am or not.
3. 75 kettle bell swings on M, W and F. I have done 25 yesterday morning, and 50 this morning. I'm working my way up.
4. get up at 6.30am. I'm going to say this is a pass. I'm away at 6:30 now, and crawling out of bed at 6:45...its getting there. Last night I was awake until 11.30 and then I had to go to sleep - I couldn't manage my usual midnight stay up. Victory will be mine!
5. walk more. I've not done much walking this last week, but I'm going to get back on it. I've been spending time with the doggie, and since he can't go for walks right now, I am wanting to stay with him.
Wow....race for the bottom eh. The good news out of all of this is that, no matter what, I keep trying. I don't count all my calories, but I do count most. I've got a general idea of the water I'm drinking , but I'm not tracking every ounce.
I do need to take more care and attention for myself. This is a long and painful process, as I eliminate the things that I've accustomed to and replace them with new ones. But these 5 goals are the ones that I'm still working on and eventually, I'm going to get there!!
Onwards and downwards y'all (for you Kimberly!)